Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'll make my own flowers...... well how about a cake plate with flowers?

I don't know about you but I am sooooo ready for spring.....for warm weather....for flowers :) 
So I deceided to work on a project I have been wanting to try.  A cake plate made out of a candle stick and a plate.  It looked so cute when I ran across about a zillion bloggers who have done it...okay slight exageration... put it looked really cool and it was a cheap project.  I bought the plate with flowers and the candle stick at Goodwill for a $1.00 each piece.  I really liked this plate :)

The big thing is you want to have pieces that match so I bought cream spray paint so I could paint the candle stick after I cleaned it up.  It was looking dirty and gunky.  The really good news is after I cleaned it up it matched the color of the plate perfectly!!!  I was tickled :)  So then I had to remember where I put the Gorilla Glue I bought the week before for this project.  I hate it when I forget where I put things....hmmmm.....Jim said my monkeys took it!  Made sence to me :)  I blamed Rang right away!!!!  If you don't know who my Rang is I will introduce at another time. 
Once your plate and candle stick are clean the rest is easy peezy....I've seen this word on lots of blogs so I believe it is proper grammer :)  What I did was marked my plate with a sharpie on the top and bottom to make lining up the candle stick easy when I put the glue on. 




Then put the glue along the rim of the candle stick according to the directions.  I used a toothpick to push some more of the glue along the rim before attaching to the plate.

. 

Once you put it on the plate you need to clamp it..... or in my case add some heavy books to weight it own. 

I let it sit for about 24 hours and viola.... a new cake plate ready to hold yummies on it!!!  I think I will put the Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting I made today on it for Life Groups tommorrow. :)  In honor of my 1st follower.....Peace Out Hommies :)




2 comments:

  1. It looked even better with the carrot cake and cream cheese frosting on it!!!! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete