Friday, July 29, 2011

Busy....Busy.....YUM :)

So I don't know about you but the summer is flying by!  I have done crafts but havent posted any....so I will be putting up some of the things I've done in the next few days if things go according to plan :)  However, if my bike continues to call to me I must answer!  I can ignore my blog but not the bike :)

So the first thing I will share is what I did for Fathers Day......and yes baking does count as crafting!!! It's being creative ~ you do it with love ~ you enjoy the finished project ~ and you love to give it away and make someone else happy with what you've made with your own 2 hands :)

I have made pie before but never a basic crust totally from scratch that I remember.....  I made a sugar dough crust once that was incredible!!!!!! google it and make it with an apple pie....yes you will love me forever!

So I made a Rhubarb Pie.....(Both the pie crust and pie recipes can be found in the Better Crocker Cook book)  The key to a good crust from what I am told is to use REALLY cold water!  My mom said add ice cubes to the water. So I did and it worked!!!

It was delish! 
Bonus ~ Rhubarb was from our backyard! 
Go ahead and try making a pie from scratch....You can do it!!!  You'll be glad you did!!!
Hugs~
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, Didn't know you had a blog. I'm now one of your followers. Have you checked out my blog!!! Great minds think alike!!!

    ReplyDelete