Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This just in..... A Special Bulletin

So I was excited to pick up a really large bulletin board at the thrift store for $1.00.  I knew I could do somehting with it for that price I just needed some inspiration.  Well inspiration came when I found this blog and cute ideas....
Check out Corrie's cute bulletin boards!

So I grabbed some items I knew I needed and set off to work.


I spray painted the outside frame white.  Sorry forgot to take a before picture but I think everyone knows what a bulletin board looks like :)
I choose to cover mine with burlap.  Cut the burlap to the size of your board.
I sprayed with adhesive and attached the burlap.
I used some really cute ribbon to frame the inside of the board
and cover the ends of the burlap.  
 I used fabric glue for this.

Here is Ruth checking it out.  I got her approval to hang it on the wall upstairs in our guest/craft room.


Here is an extreme close-up of a corner as it is hanging on the wall in it's new home.
Isn't it cute! 
So much nicer than an ugly old bullentin board and so functional!

Let me know if you try your hand at one of these :)

Blessings!
Linda


Linking up at:

2 comments:

  1. this is great! i love it! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete