Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spring Fever!

Did you know it was possible to have spring fever while there is snow on the ground?  Well it is and I am proof.....I have it and I have it bad!
It's not like we have had a bad winter…. Actually it has been very mild compared to most.  Snow has been minimal and the bitter cold only lasted less than 2 weeks.  I am okay with that really!
However, this week will be March....
I am ready for spring flowers, warmer weather and all the beautiful things spring brings.
So in order to help treat this "fever" I decided on a very simple project and I like the way it looks....

I have grapevine wreaths hanging on the shed door. 
These are wreaths I made using wild grapevine.
(Note to self....Next house WILL have a garage!)
Anyways...at Christmas time I hang red bows on them but the rest of the year I have left them blank until now.  I was thinking about burlap and thought I would cut strips and simply wrap them around the wreaths to dress them up a bit.


I added a bow on the top and that was all she wrote :)
I really like the way it looks...rustic and simple.  I think the burlap will weather well  and if not no harm done.
I have another plan for a cute banner along the top of the shed.  We will see if it looks the same when done as it looks in my head.  I will share the results when I finish that project :)


Simple, easy project....just what the doctor ordered!

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I have has spring fever since January! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on that! :)
      I haven't forgot about the book author either...I will get you that info I promise!!!!!

      Delete
  2. so cute and so simple! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete