Monday, March 19, 2012

Plate Wall

I know these have been around for awhile.  I know this is not my original idea but I just LOVE how my plate wall turned out!



 I love the plates.... I love the style....I love the simplicity..... I love it all!
I love that each plate is different :) 
It was so hard to get a picture that wasn't blurry...but I think you can see the detail.....
I love that each seems to be a work of art.
I wonder the stories these plates would tell....
What special days were celebrated?
Whose kitchen did they come from?
What was the favorite treat to serve on them?


I know most people hang their plates with the plate hangers.  I personally don't care for those so I bought picture hangers and glued them on the back of my plates.  I tried a strong glue that I have seen recommended for other projects.  It sort of worked until I hung a plate on the wall...the hanger came off and knocked another plate down and broke them both :(
I was so sad!  One was a really old plate that I loved....
So I then used gorilla glue and it has worked wonderfully!!!


  

I really think it adds so much to the room without a lot of money.  
I like the the design and I love using one different color plate to make it stand out.  I'm debating whether I should add a decal to the plate....
Still can't decide. :)
Either way I still think it looks better in person!

 
Blessings,
Linda

linking up at:


1 comment:

  1. This looks so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete