Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Decorating

Had a chance to do a little Spring decorating......

I found the candle holder at Goodwill and loved the shape and the glass and the price - $3.99.  The bottom was a golden brass color that I didn't love.


 So I did what any good crafter does and I sprayed painted it Oil Rubbed Bronze - Satin finish and now love the whole thing :)

The cabinet is one I redid a few months ago.  You can see the cabinet redo here.  I liked it but still felt something was missing. I saw a redo someone else did and used upholstery tacks to outline the piece and I loved the results so I thought I would try it.

I like the way it turned out but still can't decide if I over did it with the tacks.  Maybe I should have just did the top and bottom of the cabinet?  What do you think?  Did I get too carried away?

Here is a close up of one of the little birds I have been busy making.  You can get one for yourself by going to whoopdwhoop.com  (only 2 whoops each)

I also found a birds nest and added some fake eggs to complete the look.
So overall I like my Spring decorating and hope you enjoyed seeing it too :)

Have a blessed day!
Linda

linking up:



2 comments:

  1. This turned out so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love oil rubbed bronze!

    ReplyDelete