Monday, September 17, 2012

Lemon Herb Zucchini Penne Alfredo

So I saw this recipe over at cityfarmhouse.blogspot  for 

Lemon Herb Zucchini Penne Alfredo

and thought I have zucchini to use up....sounds good I think I am going to try this....

However I knew I would have to modify it a little in order for my husband to eat it....I added chicken to it :)  (meat = happy husband)


I also added peppers to it because I love peppers.  If I make this again I would peel the zucchini first.  Melissa and I liked it....Jim not so much....I guess I didn't realize he only likes zucchini in baked goods.   Sorry honey!  He was a good sport and ate everything but the zucchini.  It had really good flavor and smelled wonderful!  Oh I left out the rosemary because I didn't think I had any....but found it a few days later....oh well :)
I also served it on spaghetti since I didn't have penne pasta


Doesn't that look good....lots of yummy cheese and fresh basil.  
I served it with green beans from our garden and fresh and delish sundried tomato focaccia bread.  We love a good loaf of bread!

If you want to try a flavorful and healthy recipe this is a great one to try!
I loved all the lemon!

Blessings,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment