Monday, August 29, 2011

Dear Summer......

Dear Summer,

Just for the record I'm not ready for you to leave yet.  I love you and want you to stay as long as possible. Don't you see me out playing and walking and biking and planting and spray painting and  ......
I'm not enjoying the fact you seem to be turning off the lights earlier and earlier but I am willing to overlook this flaw if you will stay.  In order to show you I really to appreciate you I made Blueberry muffins tonight and added some rasberries for good measure.  See I am serious about you hanging around ~ these are good summer time fruits! 

Love,
Linda


P.S.  Just so you know I am really, really serious!!!   I didn't want to take the time to write down the recipe for people so I took a picture of it :)  See that leaves me more time to enjoy you summer!
(I added a heaping 1/2 cup of blueberries and threw in the rasberries....I did'nt measure)


P.P.S.
I also made a fruit pizza for the pot luck yesterday using summer time fruit!  Can't you see your breaking my heart summer when you threaten to leave!


Fruit pizza: sugar cookie crust (used a dry packaged sugar cookie mix and followed directions....baked on pizza stone.  Follow directions for cutout cookies....I didn't and mine spread really bad and over flowed on the bottom of the oven)
Once cool....mix package of cream cheesed (softened - I used low fat) and one tub of marshmellow fluff together....spread over cookie.  I let that sit on cookie for a little while (1/2 to 1 hour) then carefully removed cookie dough from pizza stone and slid on to serving plate. 
Cut up any fruit you want to use and decorate (I used red grapes, blueberries, strawberries, rasberries and kiwi) Very delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment