Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Stockings

Did you ever notice all the different styles, sizes, colors, etc.. of Christmas stockings. 
As a kid I loved running to my stocking and discovering all the goodies inside :)  The fun little trinkets were as much fun to open as the big things under the tree.

I think we adults, especially DIY's love the creativeness of the stocking.  Matching decor or expressing our taste or creativity.  I made some stockings and thought I would share them with you.....
The first one is a little hard to see but it is a black stocking with a stained glass type of fabric cuff.

Here is the cuff close up..... I love the different colors.....

And of course you have to have a traditional Christmas stocking made out of red, green and black tartan.

The cream stocking is my favorite.... I love the material....I don't know what it is but it looks like coconut to me :)  I used a fuzzy warm fleece for the cuff and a fun ribbon to decorate the edge. 

 The gold reminds me of the golden star that lead the wise men to the baby Jesus.  
I just really like the uniqueness of this one.


The first two are available on whoopdwhoop.com for 5 whoops each.  If your not familiar with whoopdwhoop it is a website you can trade your crafts with other crafters ~ no money is used. Check it out, I have gotten some cute things :)

Enjoy hanging your stockings!!!
Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

Blessings,
Linda

linking up at:

2 comments:

  1. Pretty stockings! Love the texture on the white one. Thanks for the heads up on whoopdwhoop, I'll go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, your stockings are adorable. Thanks for sharing them and also that craft site. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete